Thursday, November 29, 2007

You Know You're a Mom When...

Ok so this is a list that I have compiled myself... so you may agree, disagree or even add to it.

1. You find yourself really into the kids shows that you swear you put on for your child. "Jack is watching this, but I really want to see how the Wonderpets are going to figure out how to save baby skunk stuck in a rose bush!"

2. Here is one for the single mamas: Not only do you find yourself watching the kids shows..but you start wondering what Joe from Blues Clues looks like without those crazy colorful sweaters on. He is kinda cute....

3. You don't ask where the bathroom is anymore, it is now the potty. "Excuse me where is the potty?" I swear I asked this to a waiter at a restaurant

4. Where once you would have gagged at the sight, smell or even sound of throw up.. it no longer fazes you. You have been spit up on, thrown up on, pooped on, peed on, etc. Whatever comes oozing out of human bodies have landed on you at some point and you could care less.

5. All of your clothes have baby food residue or spit up residue. Mine typically are located on the top left shoulder. I have found that if I feed Jackson while I am holding him he likes to wipe his mouth on my shoulder. Every time. It never fails.

6. Because of number 5, Tide sticks are the most awesome invention EVER.

7. You get TOTALLY excited when a friend of yours has a baby. My babyless/single friends are the rarity these days.

8. You try and match your outfit to your diaper bag.

9. You check to see if there are new interesting ways to put your hair into a ponytail.

10. You know longer remember what it was like to pee or poop with the door shut. So much so that you forget to shut the door when you are at friends houses.

11.You don't mind picking your child's nose, ears..whatever its kinda fun.

12. You love your child more than the Justin Timberlake doll you once obsessed over. Don't worry Justin you still have my heart but I am a package deal now.

OK that is all for now... I will continue to add and feel free to add too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilariuos about the cute blues clues guy! Haha.

Anonymous said...

LMAO hahahah so very true! Especially the being Puked/Peed/Crapped on... Lorel through up on my face last nite! YUK

Katy Shamitz said...

amen, maegan! i didn't even blink when t puked IN my mouth 2 weeks ago!