Monday, November 19, 2007

Calling in Sick


Holy Sinus Headache! I don't know what blew in to San Antonio last night but it came with a vengeance. At about 11 pm I had a sneeze attack that hit me faster than you can say Kelly Clarkson! It went downhill from there. My eyes were watery, my throat was scratchy, I was coughing..It was pretty damn ridiculous. Right now I would rather rip out my sinus cavities than leave them there aching it up. It is awful. I even missed school because of it. Which I haven't done ALL semester.

Not only am I sick but so is Jackson. He is coughing so bad, it sounds like an old smokers hack. It is pretty awful not to mention it keeps him up all night long, which means I get to stay up all night long.

One thing that definitely stinks about being a single mom and this is the one and only thing I have complained about is the fact that you cannot take any form of medication that makes you drowsy. It is out of the question. Until my son can fend for himself...Bummer huh? Got to suck it up and take it like a man! (really like a woman because we all know men are whiney unmanageable babies when they get sick)

But before I decided to stay home from school..I had another one of those whacked out mornings, that concluded with me burning the crap out of my forehead with a curling iron. Who does that anymore?

I was out the door this morning and on my way to the babysitters, Jackson was doing his typical banshee "EEK!"ing at one minute intervals, when a sinus headache just rammed me in the head. I even got dizzy from it. That is when I decided it would be better to relieve myself from my education duties and get a Starbucks and a Jack in the Box breakfast instead. You can always count on food to cheer me up!

On my way back home Jack fell asleep..score 3 for Maegan! So I have had a good hour of solitude, this was way better than learning about the human race.

No comments: