Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sleepytime Woes

So my son...my son, my son, my son. He is a handful. Enough to make a grown man cry..I've seen it, I swear. With a quick shriek to the ear, he will bring you to your knees. Those shrieks of his, they are higher pitched than Mariah Carey's highest octave. I donut know how he does it. But he does and he does them at least 20 times a minute. I wish I could record it and post it on here. It has to be the most annoying sound in the world, more annoying than Jim Carey's most annoying sound on Dumb and Dumber.

His shrieks were going strong today. They seem to increase the more tired he gets. and boy was he tired today. He woke up at 7 am and didn't nap all day. That is another thing. He does not like to go to sleep. I thought he got the sleep gene from me, but obviously not. He thinks he is going to miss out on the greatest show on earth or something.

Putting my son to sleep has to be the most frustrating time of day for me. I dread it all day long, thinking of different ways I can get him to go to sleep. All completely legal and P.C. of course. Putting him to sleep drives me insane...makes me want to kick rocks really.

I cant wait until I don't have to rock him to sleep anymore.. so when he is what, 18?

No comments: