Thursday, November 8, 2007

Are You My Daddy?

So my son is about to turn one in a couple of weeks and the only thing that is consuming my mind these past few days is his father. His biological father. This is one of those touchy issues that nobody really knows about, only close family and friends.

My son the cutie patootie that he is, is the product of too much alcohol one late St. Patricks Day nights. Does that make sense? While I couldn't thank Capt. Morgan more and honestly owe him my life, I still cant help but wonder what if sometimes. Which is horrible and one should never ponder what ifs.. it really gets you no where.

So where do I start really? How do you let some man you knew for maybe one week and really knew for about one hour... that he is the father of your son. This awesomely funny and really cute little boy. But oh by the way you cant be in his life, just wanted to let you know....

This decision is a hard one. Right up there with the decision to have my son. But I know I made the right decision then, so I know I am going to make the right one now. Time to break out the phone book...Thank goodness his last name isnt Smith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friends support you 100%. I think it has taken great courage and strength to be such an awesome mom to your little fella. You are an inspiration to me and I'm glad I've gotten to know you better.

Love ya kiddo!

Anonymous said...

Your family supports you 100% as well and I know David and I are very proud of you and Jackson. You may not have the "father" around, but little Jackson is loved by all who know him and is such a happy child who adores his mother.

We Love you Both!