Wednesday, November 21, 2007

New Discoveries


First off I would like to apologize for the long run on sentence that was my last post. I wrote that half asleep while I was hopped up on medication. (which the last part is a lie b/c I already said I cant take any)


Anyways, I was sitting around today in my humanities class to be exact, thinking of all the new milestones that Jackson has reached lately. I was a horrible first time mom and never wrote down all of the milestones he accomplished throughout this first year, but don't worry folks its all stored in my memory. Which is like an elephants. Those are the ones that never forget right?


I was thinking how Jackson's first year is coming to a close. This Saturday to be exact. And it is truly amazing how much we humans accomplish in our first year of life. I don't want to go through all of the milestones he reached, because my child is in fact a genius and the list is long and still growing, but the most recent ones I will account for.


Lets see, he has learned to climb. He can spend hours, days I am sure if I let him, crawling up and down the chaise lounges we have in our living room. This was a great achievement because now he can get into the things we would put up high and out of reach for him. Sometimes he wiggles backwards down the slope in the front of the chair and other times he goes feet first off the sides of the chair. If his feet don't touch the floor right away he freaks out thinking he has miles to fall, when really if he were to point his toes his big toe would touch. It is rather funny to watch, I laugh a little before helping him, mean I know..but funny.


But the latest discovery he has embarked upon would probably be his favorite and I am sure it will stay that way for as long as he lives. This would be the discovery of his penis. I thought this moment would weird me out way more than it actually does. He is pretty much obsessed with it. Every time I change his diaper its the first thing he goes for. Which is not very convenient when I am changing a poopy diaper. He grabs and yanks that thing in many different directions. Some of which I had no idea existed. I cant help but wonder if he is doing some long term damage to his family jewels.


We will keep the fact that I referred to my sons testicles as his family jewels between us.


While all these accomplishments that he has reached are truly exciting to watch unfold, there is still one major milestone that he has not yet tried. This would be walking. He has zero interest in the sport. I'm afraid I am going to be carrying him for the rest of his life. I know he has no interest not because its scary to take those first steps, but because he is lazy. I know it. He comes from me...I know I would much rather be carried along than have to walk all the time and I am 22 years old.


But I am in no hurry. He is into everything as it is and he can only get around on his hands and knees. Little does he know that the world has way more to offer when you walk upright. I will keep that little piece of information from him for as long as possible.

No comments: