Saturday, November 17, 2007

Boy Energy


My son is a screamer. That is his only form of communication with us thus far. Yes, he knows words like: mama, nana, dada, yaya, baba, etc. But most of the time he lets out the LOUDEST and most high pitched "EEK!" He uses this method when he

a) wants something and isn't getting it fast enough.

b) Is trying to get your attention

c) to hear it echo

d) just for the hell of it


I try hard to ignore it for as long as possible, I would rather him point if he wants something and I am trying to teach him the sign for "more" so if he wants more food he can let me know that way. But nooooo. I have to give in. If I don't he will "EEK!" me to death. I have talked about this before in posts. But this is only because I hear it ALL day long. When my family is around they can barely stand it for the hour they are consistently around him. Try ALL day EVERY day people. My eardrums are begging me for earplugs.


I try and tell myself that it is only a stage and that I will laugh at his dolphin impersonations someday in the future when he is all grown up. But honestly...it will only get worse. I can already tell at the age of 11 months 3 weeks (he is going to be 1 soon, *sob*) that this little boy is going to be a spitfire.


My aunt was the first in the family to produce a boy. This was four years ago. During his toddler times/hell on earth days, we were amazed at all the energy he had. The boy was into everything and if he wasn't in it, he was creating it so he could be in it. We as a family were completely not used to it. His nickname is crazy, that is how much energy he had and still has.


But I think that boys just posses a different energy than girls have. They have boy energy. Something that doesn't ever go away, we all know men that clearly have bouts of this boy energy.


So I look forward and dread what lies ahead. I look forward to playing and running around with Jackson when the time is right. I do not however look forward to running after him while we are all at a restaurant, like my other aunt and her 2 year old son, Evan. He mischievously took off during a meal and ran straight into the kitchen. Little stinker. But I know I will have those moments.


I guess they make up for it with all the hugs and kisses, which Jackson is definitely good at. Although don't kiss him too long, he will bite your upper lip.

No comments: