Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Aftermath


Holy Moly! This weekend was crraazzyy. But good crazy not bad crazy. It started out with a heavenly day of stuffing my face full of everything that Thanksgiving has to offer. Then it came to a sleepy and kinda blurry close today, Sunday.


Yesterday, I got to experience the craziest moment in a mother's life. I threw my son his very first birthday party. I highly suggest any first time mother's to contract this idea to other places. Especially if your stress level is already at its max.


We decided it would start at 2 pm. I thought this gave me optimum time to get things ready, so much time that I would be able to kick back a few shots before everyone arrived. I was so wrong. It was down to the wire. Thank goodness everything turned out great. Really and truly I have to take the time to thank Andrew for all of his efforts. If it wasn't for him, my company would have been elbow deep in dust and dog hair. He truly knows how to handle a broom.


People begin showing up at 2. By then the house looked great. Looked like a true birthday party. I went with a sports theme. I didn't want any obnoxious characters taking over. We had a football cake and all kinds of footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, you get the idea.


We all were eating some pizza, CiCis Pizza 7 for $40 nice little plug for them, and people were piling in. Due to the weather we were all stuck inside. It really made our somewhat large house seem like the size of my first apartment, extra small.


At around 3 pm it was gift time aka craziness. Jackson really had NO interest in opening presents. I thought he would at least enjoy pulling the tissue paper out of the bags, but nope. He was honestly more interested in the mosaic tiles that are on the coffee table. But that's okay. I was opening gifts left and right. I didn't even have time to read cards. Then the other kids who knew what opening presents was all about, were opening them too. It was mayhem. I was physically tired and kinda panting after it was all over.


Next, CAKE TIME! I was looking forward to this the most. We sat Jack in his highchair and let him go to town on a cake of his own. It was the funniest thing ever. At first he wasn't too sure about digging in and getting his hands dirty, mama's boy or what? But after I showed him whats up he went all out. This session wrapped up after he began flinging the cake on the floor. He usually does this with all food he eats but the dogs are usually there to catch it. The dogs have learned its a feeding fest whenever Jacks in the high chair.


After the mess that was cake, I dumped him in the sink for a quick rinse down. Changed him, then let him enjoy all of his toys. There was a little scuffle over a cell phone, between babies, but it was sorted out and ok.


Overall the turnout was great. We got some great pictures and video. He will have those to remember always. Unless I tape over it with an episode of the Magic School Bus (thanks mom!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Happy Birthday Jackson! His Party sounds like so much fun, your such a Great Mama, Maegan!

Anonymous said...

Mae - I already to you sorry for that tape situation! :)~

I had so much fun watching Jackson eat that cake - loved it!!!!

And Andrew can come sweep the house any time!