Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Bunch of Crazies

So everyone thinks that they are completely normal right? Even the strange people of the world think that they are the norm. Have you ever thought to yourself, "wow I must be the crazy and everyone else is normal" ? Andrew thinks that he is on a higher plane of normalcy and everyone around him just doesn't get it the way he does. I am sure we all think this way. But honestly there are some coooooooks out there.

I was sitting in the parking lot the other day waiting for someone to arrive to the store. This lady pulled into the open spot next to me. She came about 1/2 inch too close to the car I was in. I was driving my mom's Mercedes at the time so it bugged me even more. She then preceded to get out of her truck and hit my car with the door! She looked at me and then kept walking. I got out, assessed the damage and was appalled that the lady didn't give me a "sorry" a " omg" a "Fuck off" nothing... just kept walking.

I called after her and asked her to come back. "ummm ma'am, you just hit my car and left paint and a dent in my door" She looked at me like I had 5 eyeballs and a uni brow. and went, "oh sorry" and rudely walked off. I took her license plate down in a very dramatic way so that she knew I meant business, whatever that means.

Now had I been in my clunker of a vehicle I would have totally hit her door with mine and left a dent. BUT since I was in my mom's all I could do was this dramatic charade.

It made me think, am I the one making a big deal out of nothing? am I the weirdo here? I later saw the same cooky woman in the store with a very strange hat on her head, with the tag flapping about. Not trying it on, just walking around with it. Soooo, I guess she was the crazy one in that situation. I wish you could have seen the hat.

2 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

UGH! I HATE door dingers. Seriously,they are one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole freakin' world. I have a very modest little PT Cruiser, but always park it in a far away end spot out of door ding fear. I'd never survive the stress of driving a Mercedes- especially a borrowed one!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I used to think that everyone was crazy and I was the normal one. But over the past 40 years I have finally come to the all to honest conclusion that I must be the crazy one. Simply by process of elimination, there just couldn't be so many crazy people. Therefore they must be the norm and I'm crazy. (However I'd never walk around Target with an tagged hat on, but some shoes.... maybe)

Gotta go check my car!
LU, Mom