Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Relationship Experiment

Well, I am still a single, working, student mother.. but I will admit that somethings have changed. I am single still.. no ring on my finger but I do have a boyfriend. *gulp* Yup, I said it. It's out there now.. for the world to read. It's a big step. Not that I haven't had a boyfriend before. The list is actually quite long, and I loved them all dam nit! But this new guy, you may have read about him before.. this cat named Andrew. That's him. He must be pretty damn special if I am writing a blog about him.

I wish, kinda, that I had found this blodgom earlier.. but my posts would have been very woe is me, I hate men. Which is great, I actual prefer reading that. But, in the same token I am glad that I waited to do this until I was happy again. It feels good to have things finally feel as if they are falling in to place and write about it.

So this new guy...Andrew. I have actually known him for years. Since High School. If you would have told me that I would be dating him now, I would have laughed in your face. I wouldn't say we got a long.. I merely tolerated him being around my other friends. But he showed up at my birthday party and its all history from there. Glorious history. Nice and cheesy, eh?

But really.. I would never had guessed that he would be the type that he is. He really is a great guy and really adores my son. What more can a 22 mother ask for? I definitely didn't think I would find that so quickly. BUT...there is always a but, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.. I don't want to put the cart before the horse.. count my chickens before they hatch..etc.

My last relationship was not the best experience. I actually wouldn't put my worst enemy through what I went through. It was that awful. I was burned.. pretty bad. I was so close to becoming a lesbian and calling it quits. I am actually still in touch with my ex and we are good friends. But during the relationship and right after was AWFUL. I honestly didn't want to see another penis. Ever again.

But, then came Andrew.. not that I have seen anything of his anatomy. But even if I had I wouldn't tell you. I am a lady. He is great to me, my son...I cant let that pass me by. But I definitely have a guard up. I definitely don't want to give in so easy. But I am beginning to think that he can see right through that.

I am gonna continue to let it go with the flow.... keep trying my hardest to not be that crazy bitch I was with my Ex... and see how this goes. Its all too thrilling. Kinda like a relationship experiment.

4 comments:

Krystle said...

Maegan,
You two look very cute together! I'm so happy that you're ready to commit! And I hope he shares your love for tacos haha!

Anonymous said...

Maegan - I just read all your last few blogs and you surely make me laugh. I will say it again, you need to be a writer. I am also surprised that you didn't write about our day of baking and how we almost killed each other. But even with all its ups and downs and Jackson all over the place, my impatience and my neurotic dog, it was still fun and I love you. As for the boyfriend, you know we think the world of Andrew and like him very much. You are right, he is very good to you and to Jackson, but take it slow. If it is right then you will know. Don't want to see you jump into something just because you say you are a 22 year old single mother thinking that getting married will solve all your problems. If he is right for you he will also wait and both of you can make sure you are committed and want a future together. You have been hurt in the past but I don't see that coming from Andrew. Never be in a rush to do anything. Take your time and make sure it is what you want in life because if you think being hurt by a boyfriend was bad, getting into a marriage and then it not working and you end up divorced is worse. Being a single mother is not all that bad but being in a committed relationship and one that works is wonderful. I wish you both nothing but the best. Just don't rush into anything to quickly.
PS. Sure had a wonderful Christmas. Love ya

Anonymous said...

You and I are twins, lady!

And I have to add... your Nana is one wise cookie!

Anonymous said...

Confucious say - take it one day at a time and before long you'll have a history.

I know that "anatomy" comment re: Andrew was for me - thank you! he he

Mom