Friday, December 28, 2007

Baby Babble

Jack's most common form of communication is well, screaming. But the second most common form would be pointing and going, "da!" Which I am pretty sure means "that". This was all until recently and by recently I mean this afternoon.

We were in the car on the way back from the mall when Jack said, "tree" as clear as day. My mom was in the car so I had a witness.

That makes for seven words now. Mama, Papa, Dada, Nana, Banana, Cookie and Tree. It is amazing to watch him learn and develop daily.

Him walking amazed me enough. It is so funny. He walks like my drunk grandpa..all he needs is a wind suit and a cane and he would be doing the greatest impression. But it honestly took him a week to get a couple steps down and now, about 3 weeks into walking, he is practically running across my living room. But with this new gained experience comes true responsibility. He can now reach for everything. and if you know my family you can imagine how difficult this is....this is because there is clutter crap ALL OVER my house.

I couldn't wait for him to begin talking and now its beginning and I am on the edge about this. I want him to be able to verbalize his thoughts instead of me trying to decipher one of his many cries. But at the same time..nothing is more annoying than a child that doesn't shut up. I mean that the most loving way possible.

For now I will relish in his toddler babble....and chat it up about trees and cookies. My favorite is when you ask him how anything"goes" it started with a cow, which is moo of course. He got that down. No problem. But today when we asked him how his Aunt Madie went he replied with an ever so true answer, "Mooooo!" He is a genius.

1 comment:

Deseree said...

Haha Maemae!! That's cute. Its a whole new world once they are talking and walking. Have fun =0)