Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Can I Get A Doggy Bag?


I believe my baby outing days are over. I have now entered the terrible toddler days and my son has only just turned one.




One thing you have to understand. My family doesn't cook. If you want to eat to survive you must fend for your own, i.e. head on down to Chick-fil-a or whatever other fast food you are craving that night.




That being said, my family gets together at least, AT LEAST, three times a week. I am not just talking immediate family, I am talking: aunt, her two little ones, grandma, grandpa, dad, mom, sister, me and jack and maybe a boyfriend here and there. Yes, its a little pricey. But that's how we do. It is how we spend our quality time. Andrew is always amazed that I know what every restaurant in town has to offer...especially since San Antonio has over 1000000000 restaurants.




He will mention one place and before he can finish I cut him off with, " oh they have the best fried macaroni" or " don't order the blackened chicken there". He is always baffled or answers,"where haven't you eaten?"




So tonight we all went to sushi for my sister's 14th birthday. I was SO excited. I even went on a temporary fast all day so I could stuff my face with Gyoza and Caterpillar rolls. yum. I brought Jackson with me, which was mistake number one. I seem to forget that right around the time the server brings the food, is the magical moment that Jackson gets a case of the sleepies. It always happens. It never fails. This results in everyone at the table getting up with him and walking him around, while I stuff my face quickly without savoring a single bite.




It make me feel bad every time. I usually end up leaving dinner early while everyone savors their dessert. I get to wrestle Jack in his car seat and drive around while he screams his head off. Its fun. I love it. ( I wish you could sense my sarcasm here)




So I think these days are done. I am over it and lord knows Jack is. Even though we tempt him with his own iced tea or grilled cheese. Maybe he is just sick of having a fat mommy and this is his attempt at getting me to lose some extra pounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...but he is still unbearably cute. :)

Anonymous said...

We DO NOT go out 3 times a week.. One or two maybe.

I told you this would happen even before you had him.. terrible twos my butt.. From about 1 year to about 3 years.. No one will want to babysit & you can't take them anywhere..
I would love to tell you that it gets a little better as they get a little older, but it doesn't.
While Evan can at least now tell me what he wants (which is better), he can also get around better (which is worse)...
He is also much stronger than he was at 1 year & his hits, kicks & bites are worse.

The good news is it DOES eventually get better.. You just have to have no life between now & then.

Also, LET US HELP.. the only reason I say this is because you are stuck in the same position I was in not too long ago.. I always felt bad when your Mom or Nana would come over & take him so I could eat.
Remember we love you & we REALLY don't mind & we are not judging you.. We do this because we all understand where you are & we have all been there too..
Think about it this way.. before you had Jack, did you mind helping me with Evan???
No, I don't think you did.. you helped because you love me.. you weren't thinking "Oh God.. I wish she would hurry up"

I know it is hard.. like I said.. I have the same problem, but learn to accept help when it is offered & stop feeling guilty.
If we didn't love both you & Jack, we wouldn't offer.

Anonymous said...

We do cook. We just like going out to eat better.