Thursday, January 31, 2008

Taking A Bite Out of Jack

My mom and I picked up Jackson from daycare yesterday. She had to go with me because I cant lift him for a couple days due to the biopsy. Well as the teacher was handing me his daily report sheet she informed us that a little girl had bitten Jackson and blah blah blah...he did something..blah blah blah. Um....Excuse me, did she just say someone bit my son?

I mean I know he is kinds of yummy because I nibble his toes on a daily basis...but some snotty nosed little punk actual sunk her teeth in my son's left arm. Ok, so that is a little extreme. She is a cutie but still! Keep your chompers in yo mouth! She actually broke the skin on his arm. I am sure this will not be the last time that something like this happens. I hope that my kid is never the biter though. How embarassing is that for the mom? Trying to explain that your kid bites..they should have to wear onesies that say, "Caution I bite" to give our innocent ones a head up.

The best part in this whole fiasco, it the teacher had the nerve to say that Jackson provoked it. Not...my innocent liwtle biwty Jacki. She said that he pulled her hair, so the little girl in turn bit him. Umm....what if the teacher didnt see what really happened. What if the little girl came up to Jack and shook her tiny toddler booty at him and he didnt like it so then he pulled her hair...or what if she came up to him and slapped him and so he pulled her hair.. or what if....

I guess the options are endless...and since they are only toddlers I know they are still dabbling in what is right and what is wrong.. so I will let this one slide, this one time! But I still think that mom should give her kid a mouthgaurd!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I had Peyton & Evan, I had you & Madie & I could never understand how your mother could just sit by whent things like this happened to you.. I wanted to go kick the sh** out of some toddlers mom every week or 2.. When you got older, I wanted to kick the sh** out of the girls that made you cry & the boys that broke your hearts.. Biting is the easy one.. wait till he comes home & tells you that a girl said she didn't like him, or the other kids are picking on him.. IT KILLS !!!
You will want to blow up the school.
On several occaisions your mom & Nana had to stop me from making a complete fool of myself & confronting a child.

Then you become a mom yourself & you start to understand that no matter how much it hurts, it is all part of them growing up.. It really sucks.. This is his first lesson in needing to defend himself.. or maybe just not to pull ponytails.. either way, it is a good lesson... Sometimes God gives up a little pain to make us better people.


Also, your day will come.. he WILL bite someone.. trust me.

Anonymous said...

Once when your mother was little, I thought I would put her in daycare because I thought she needed to learn how to play and be around little ones her own age. The very first day as I was standing there telling her good-bye a little boy walked up to her and it looked like he was going to give her a kiss. We all said our aaahhh's and in an instant that little guy took the biggest bite into her chin and the scream was unbelievable! Blood was everywhere and I immediately picked her up and never took her back. I wanted to grab that little boy so bad but understood that he was just a "toddler". It is all part of growing up, but if it continues you will have to put a stop to it. I don't want Jackson to be shaken for the rest of his life. He is such a sweet little boy and didn't deserve that bite. Or maybe the little girl thought he was just too sweet and had to have a taste. He will learn not to pull hair quickly if that continues.
Nana