Thursday, January 10, 2008

Eye in the Sky

As I have mentioned before, Jackson started daycare this week. It has been good so far. It truly is a great daycare, it really better be and I wish they put gold nuggets in Jack's pockets each day for the price it costs us weekly to keep him there. BUT they don't. They do however offer a very spiffy video camera option that allows you to monitor your child throughout the day. It is pretty awesome. But it definitely comes with its cons.

I think its great that I have the opportunity to watch my son while he is in the care of these teachers I barely know. BUT I just didn't get much done today. Instead I stayed home and watched my son on the computer all day. Really the only times I got up was when they were outside of the room. It was really addicting.

Up to 3 people at a time are allowed to watch the toddler show. This means my mom was watching while she was at work. My grandmother who is retired was watching and of course me. He is truly loved if you couldn't tell before.

While it is about a 10 on the awesome scale, being able to monitor him, it also conjured up a bunch of mommy emotions I didn't think could penetrate my rock of an attitude. Watching my little man sit all by himself, staring at the door like he was waiting for me to come and rescue him was NOT so much fun. At one point I was balling watching him. I usually pick up my little man at around 3:30-4 but not today. I couldn't stand just sitting here watching him wobble across the room. So I picked him up and hour and a half earlier.

As soon as I got in the car I got a call from my mom, my grandmother and my aunt. Apparently they all saw me on the camera pick him up and were relieved that I did so. So who exactly is this daycare thing harder on? Obviously the above mentioned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK.. I just logged off of "The Jackson Show".. You're right it is addicting.
I find myself staring at it 1/2 of the day... which would make more sense if they were actually doing something or if the picture was better.
He is just SO DAMN CUTE !!!
Can't wait ti babysit tonight.