Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Daycare is Awesome

So its the dawn of a new age. No not Aquarius..but rather Jackson started daycare. I really had mixed emotions about putting him in there. But it needed to be done. I am putting myself through a rigorous schedule of education and work ethics. It is going to be the longest couple of weeks, EVER.

But I will be 15 hours closer to my bachelors degree. Nice.

But Jackson being in daycare is a good thing. My son hasn't been on a schedule since we were in the hospital the couple days after he was born. Not only is he in need of a routine but he is also in dire need of some kid-on-kid playtime.

This daycare is awesome. They have art and music times. They take them outside. They feed him and change his diapers regularly. They even give me a log sheet when I pick him up, of all the things they did that day, i.e. feeding, diapers, etc. Its awesome.

I think it will be great for Jackson. You have to know my kid he is ...very, um whats the word...dependent on his mom. That would be me. He needs to be carried at all time and even needs to be rocked to sleep still. Its a little on the ridiculous side. But that's my kid and I love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I am waiting to read your blog about how Jackson's first day was at daycare. Or better yet how you handled it. I heard it went well. It is tough to leave them that first day but trust me he will be fine and it is good he is getting on a schedule. I did speak to him on the phone last night and he even said "Nana" clear as a bell. Love that kid!!!