Monday, February 4, 2008

ABC's and 123's

Aside from being peed on, seeing my son discover his penis and catching him eating the dog food.. the next best thing about being a mom is to see your child learn new things. Jackson has been on a major learning kick lately. I guess my $180 in daycare is being well spent.

So far he has learned to do the moonwalk. I dont really know where or why this originated. It must be a defense mechanism he uses on the other kids at daycare. He slowly backs away from you as if he is some sort of sleuth, escaping trouble. He likes to back right into a wall. It is really quite funny to watch him concentrating on each step backwards.

Another thing he has learned is where his belly button is located. He loves to rub on his belly..as soon as you take his shirt off and let him run around naked and free, he rubs on his chest and belly like he has never felt skin before. Its too funny. Reminds me of a fat old man who rubs his belly after a rather large meal of chicken fried steak. But if you ask him where his belly button is he will proudly show it off. I must admit its the cutest dang button. He is also quite fascinated with where my old belly button used to be... now it looks like a cavernous hole.

Jack has also added a couple words to his growing vocabulary. I am finally gettinf over the fact that I have a walking and functioning human being following me around and now sooner rather than later I will have a blabbering one too. I cant wait to hear, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mother, mom". I just know Jack will be that kid. But that is still a ways away.. for now his new things are ,"Uh-Oh" -he does this whenever something is dropped or when he drops something which is just about every 15 seconds and "Thank You" which is really "Tay-tu"-this is when he hands you something.

I love watching him explore and discover...and thank goodness for daycare because I am one lousy teacher!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is growing quickly. You also forgot he does say "Nana" which I just love to hear him say. Plus I love it when he laughs like something is a real joke and he is always trying to get people to laugh. When we were at the store the other day he just walked up and down telling everyone "Hi" and waving. What a cute kid..........