Tuesday, March 9, 2010

32 weeks


Today marks my 32nd week of being pregnant. Amazing if you ask me. Amazing that I've been a vessel for human growth, amazing that I made it to 32 after the scare at 29 and amazing that I haven't had a beer since August. mmm...beer. I want one so bad. I swear I'm not an alcoholic, but now that its getting warm, a nice cold one sounds delish.

Last night hubby and I started our Labor classes. Unfortunately, the nurse who does the labor portion of the series was sick so they started it with the "What to do with a Newborn" class. The class we would have probably skipped..I think we both have changed our fair share of diapers.

So we sat through a 4 hour refresher course. Learned how to bathe, feed, swaddle and care for a newborn. As we were dressing our baby doll it really hit me. We are going to be doing this for real in a couple weeks. I'm gonna be honest, I panicked a little.

Lately, we have been wondering how this new child will fit into our family. How is Jackson going to take it? He seems excited now but that's because he isn't sharing our attention yet. We wonder how we will discipline a girl compared to a boy and have plenty of what if questions.

These next 8 weeks should fly by...I have my baby shower this Sunday. Exciting! Plus a lot of activities lined up for my little man. Well they better fly by, these baby kicks are getting extremely painful.

No comments: