Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Casa


Have you ever tried to renovate your new house with a toddler running around your ankles? It is quite a daunting task, one I never want to do again. So much so that I am the most exhausted I have been since summer cheerleading camp. I thought chanting cheers in a hot sun while climbing the hillsides at Texas State was daunting..nope.

By the way, daunting seems to be the word of the day. So everytime you read it I want you to go crazy along with all your furniture in the house and the talking genie in the frame. Mecka-lecka-high..Mecka highy hoe.. That is for the oldies..

Anyways. I painted trim, walls, caulked( I am very good at handling caulk) dug up dirt, moved rocks, and cleaned. I did all that. Me. Maegan. I know. It is amazing. It is amazing, and daunting..ahhhhhhhhhh!

Andrew and I move into our new little home on March 1st. Isnt that crazy? A year ago today I was sitting around my house feeling sorry for myself, waiting for some man to knock on my front door and whisk me(and Jack) away with him. Well, I am proud to say I am no longer waiting aorund.. Thankfully. Although how awesome would it be if Andrew busted through my front door right now and was strong enough to lift my butt up? I just ate too so I know I am a few pounds heavier.

We decided to rent out my grandma's house. But before moving in, we are trying to make it as close to perfect as we can. This includes all the renovations, that we arent entirely paying for all by our lonesomes.

I will say, it will be the best looking place I have ever lived in and I cant wait to be settled in. I will also say that if I have to look at another gallon of paint, I might vomit. I think we are having a mini house warming party and you are all invited, but you gotta bring a plant. Oh and....daunting!

3 comments:

Mrs.M said...

OMG. So it's serious with this guy, OBVIOUSLY! LOL

Good luck girl! I'll be moving in a couple of weeks so any tips will be appreciated. ;o)

Mother Ring said...

Congrats on your new place! It sounds wonderful (and serious, like Patty said)! I hope your move goes well and you guys are settled in no time.

erincornell said...

Daunting ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
:) Congrats on the new home-enjoy it!