Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Veggie Tales: Day 1


So I completed my first day of transitioning to vegetarianism, is that even a word? It was a lot easier than I planned. Even when meat and I came face to face, which allowed me to smell the goodness, I did not give in.


I started out eating the Veggie Delight at Subway. I DID add cheese... but it was YUMMY. It was like eating salad on bread. Ha.


But I will say, and I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but I was pretty hungry a couple hours later. I found myself snacking. A LOT. I tried to keep it as healthy as possible.. do Chips Ahoy count?


Later on for dinner, I went to Chili's. The person I was with decided to order the Triple Play.. which looked and smelled yummmmmy. But I got the black bean burger and did just fine. It was actually pretty good. Pair it with the french fries and you cant even tell it is sans meat.


So all in all, Veggie Day 1 was a success. Hopefully I have the will power to go on. Every time I think of chicken Alfredo or Whataburger, I need to remember what I read and saw. Wont go into details....but it was bad enough to scare the meat out of me!
ETA: I have been reading, Skinny Bitch and went to the GoVeg.com website.. If you like meat, DONT GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl!! I'm going on week 4 of meat free. :) Loving it. It's so not as hard as I thought.
What did you read/see?

Krystle said...

The black bean burger from Chili's is the best! Congrats on day 1!