Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Survived...








Jackson's 2nd birthday party was last Saturday. I was completely stressing out over it. I love a good party but realize I hate being host. I would rather be fed, then feed. Up until the last minute I still was 100% sure what I was going to feed the guests, but settled on a hot dog buffet. Boring, but conveniently easy.


I made 76 cupcakes...you read correctly, 76. My grandma came over the night before and helped me make them and ice them. That was fun. I would have laughed in your face if you told me when I was 16, that at the age of 24 I would be icing 76 cupcakes for my 2 year old bday party and that it would take me ALL night long. I think I actually prefer doing this activity more than gulping down a dozen beers...there is no hangover involved with excessive cupcake eating.



Here is the clincher though...not only did I make cupcakes, but I made him a dump truck cake. I simply stuffed cupcakes in the back of a toy dump truck, then crushed up oreos to fill it up. It looked like dirt. It was cute! Here is a picture:


I rented a bouncy for Jack and his friends. This was the best $85 I could have spent. I honestly didn't see Jackson the entire party because he was in there. The only time we reunited was for cake and presents...then back in the bouncy. If I could I would have one up all year long for him.







His theme was dump trucks..so I bought all the kids construction hats. Those were a hit too.








I opted not to have a pinata. I know that its a kind of a tradition, especially at birthday parties here in S.A. but, last time he encountered a pinata there was a bit of a melt down. He doesn't comprehend taking turns just yet and wanted to run off with the stick and hit everything in his path. When he realized this wasn't an option he threw a major tantrum. So no pinata to for Jack.


I'm just glad its over with. His real birthday is on Nov. 24th. I cannot believe that I am a mother to a 2 year old. But I quickly start to believe it once I get smacked in the face with a ball. He is sweet like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The party was great! I enjoyed making cupcakes with you as well. I didn't like making that many but it was fun. Only you would want three different flavored cupcakes and icing. A very nice turn out and the hot dog buffet was great as well. You did a very good job. I do agree with you however that the bouncey was the best investment. You will have to do that again next year.