Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!

I began writing this post at 1:20 pm. That means that in twenty minutes, two years ago I was holding my newborn baby boy. That is insane to me. I cannot believe that it has been two years already. It really was a blink of an eye. It is weird...when you are dating someone, two years is such a milestone. It took so long to reach that point... but with Jack. I cant believe how quickly it flew by. I really feel like I should still be holding my wittle bitty baby...
He kicked off his birthday last night by doing sumersaults until 1 am. I guess he knew that today was his big day and he just wanted to start it out the best way he knew how. This kiiiiinda perturbed me because I, for one, am not into getting kicked in the face over and over again while I am trying to sleep. But he eventually got tired and past out.

When I woke up this morning he was still sound asleep. His mouth was partly open and he had this look on his face... It resemembled this baby that was transforming into a little boy, right in front of my eyes.

I cannot believe I have a toddler. I long for the days where I could rock him to sleep...but I so look forward to the days where I can go watch him play t-ball. It is very bittersweet.
It really is crazy just how in love you are with your children. Even though they can be crazy banshee screaming little poops...they are still too cute to ever be mad at them more than 5 seconds.
On that note...Happy Birthday Baby! I cannot beleive you are 2. Just makes me realize that as you get older, so do I. Here are some pics of Jack throught the years:










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember Maegan, if you know you are getting older as Jackson gets older, think of how I feel? I can't believe I have a great grandson who is 2 years old. The time has gone by so quickly and where did that little tiny Jackson go? He has turned in to a cute little man and so funny. You are so blessed.