Monday, June 28, 2010

Love Story PART I

I'm lucky for fate. Thankful for it. It's practically what I owe my life to. It was fate that led me to love. Well, Smirnoff had a bit to add to the beginning but fate took over from there.

Four years ago, my best friend was coaxing me to go out with her. I didn't want to at the time because I was too busy drowning in my own problems. Boy problems to say the least...they are center of all young females problems aren't they? But I obliged to her coaxing when she said the bartender was cute. My thinking at the time? If one doesn't like me, than on to the next. This, I believe, should be all young females way of thinking. Don't waste your time on silly boys...

So off we went. It was this little hole in the wall place on a side of town I didn't really frequent. But the catch was they didn't ask for I.D.s..this was important since I was only 20.

We walked in and sat down like old pros. Then he walked up and asked what we'd like.

Yup..this is my love story. I met my one and only at a smoke filled bar. Not only that but he was the bartender. I love that people have such negative connotations with meeting your true love at such a dirty place. But I owe my life to that hole in the wall.

What struck me first about him were his eyes and his smile. Then he turned around...his butt was a cherry on top. I knew as soon as I laid eyes on him that he would be a love interest of mine someday.

1 comment:

What is Life, Without a Smile :] said...

I keep saying I don't want to meet a guy at a bar, but who knows?! My true love may be waiting for me.. at Around the bend?? hahaha just kidddding.