Monday, December 22, 2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas...now pass me that cheese log.

You know what I get the MOST excited about during the holiday season? and its not the insanely good deals on goods or getting a gift that I have been dropping hints on all year long. It is the food. Really. I look forward to eating this scrumptious stuff all year.

Some women have an inner goddess, I have an inner obese.

I have been craving green bean casserole since Thanksgiving, I lurve me some mashed potatoes and don't get me started on Christmas cookies.

I have tried running lately.. really.. ok really, stop laughing. I am telling myself I want to be healthy and I don't care about losing weight, but who are we kidding. We just tell ourselves that when we step on the scale for the one millionth time and we haven't lost not even half a pound.

But I do want to say that I want to lose weight and will probably blog about this journey. Really, I am a busy college student/mom. I don't know when I find time to eat.

On another note... Jackson doesn't really comprehend the whole Christmas thing. He does sing a mean Jingle Bells though. sounds like...jing BELLS jing BELLS. He only knows the last word of every sentence. Then half way through the song he starts going, "Mommy! Bar-ey" Which translates to, "Mommy! Sing the song from Barney"

He has already unwrapped a gift that isn't his... He took a picture with Santa and was amazed by the winter wonderland that was created around Santa. And he brings home a new ornament for the tree everyday from daycare. But still, I don't think its sinking in.

But I think he will get it head on, when he walks down the stairs on Christmas morning and receives his gifts from Santa..that new Triceratops that's the size of a real Triceratops..know what I am talking about?

I have come to the conclusion that he will either totally get this Christmas thing and be siked for years to come OR he will be traumatized for life.

3 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

LOLOLOLOLOL at inner obese- me too!

Kate said...

I want to hear Jack singing Jingle Bells!!

Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you kiddo, but we are not having green bean casserole this year.. Maybe you could make it :)

Jack will start "getting" Christmas next year.. but don't forget the start explaining what we are REALLY celebrating.. not just presents.
Sorry, you know your Aunt Jenni & I had to throw that in.

Love you