Sunday, August 17, 2008

When Its Over Its Over

How is one supposed to know that its time to move on? I wish there was a celebratory whistle that was blown at the end of every relationship, that allowed you to know, "Hey its time to move on!"

I seem to struggle a bit in this department. Hence the reason I have had 3 major relationships in a 7 year time span. I didn't really like these guys extra more, I just have a bad habit of hanging on. I think its okay to hang on, if you think he is "the one". But unfortunately for me, at least, I haven't gotten that feeling yet.

Its supposed to come naturally right? You "feel" it in the first couple of seconds.....whatever the protocol, I haven't gotten it yet. Which, every female longs for....its part of our DNA. There ya go, I gave you a secret into unlocking the female gender, We all want to love and be loved in return. Big Shocker there!!

It's a rather unfortunate feeling when you realize you are just hanging on... but, everyone , no matter what there flaws are put into our lives for a reason. I have learned many things from my past exes. Thanks to them I know what a liar, cheater, compulsive idiot looks like...

I wonder when Mr. Right will come strolling in...if he hasn't already.

6 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

maegan, you'll KNOW. i used to hate when people told me tat, but it's true. after i met rob, i remember lying in bed one morning thanking God for giving me the courage to walk away from my previous, drawn out, tired, but comfortable relationship.

comfortable doesn't=healthy.

xo

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Maegan...
He'll come. And you'll KNOW.

Mrs.M said...

Katy stated it perfectly.
"comfortable doesn't= healthy".

And again, you'll KNOW. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Sweetie.. trust your wise old Aunt Jenni when I say.. STOP HOLDING ON!!!!
It sounds cliche, but time slips away & the next thing you know, you are 35 & you have wasted the last 10 or so years of your life on some guy that you should have never been with... I know being a single Mom is scary, but I have to say, I wouldn't change a thing.. (OK maybe I would have left sooner)
but I can honestly say that I am happier now than I have ever been..

This is going to sound cliche too, but.. ask God.. he WILL show you.. you just have to be willing to see.

Anonymous said...

Sweetie.. trust your wise old Aunt Jenni when I say.. STOP HOLDING ON!!!!
It sounds cliche, but time slips away & the next thing you know, you are 35 & you have wasted the last 10 or so years of your life on some guy that you should have never been with... I know being a single Mom is scary, but I have to say, I wouldn't change a thing.. (OK maybe I would have left sooner)
but I can honestly say that I am happier now than I have ever been..

This is going to sound cliche too, but.. ask God.. he WILL show you.. you just have to be willing to see.

Anonymous said...

he souunds like a jerk, i'd leave the asshole. is the sex good at least?