Monday, August 25, 2008

Sand Baby



We got back from a vacation at the beach yesterday. The sun can be so damn draining! That and the beer....


It was Jackson's first trip to the coast and he had a BLAST! At first he ran up to the ocean and just looked out.. it was the cutest thing. He also screamed when the waves crashed at his feet. He would run out to the water...than run back to the shore every time a new wave crashed in. At first it scared me because I though "great! we drove all this way for him to be scared of the water!" But it just took a couple minutes for him to get used to it.


Not only did he love the water. He seemed to enjoy drinking the water too! Kidding.. I wouldn't let him drink sea water. But whenever a wave crashed into him he would get some in his mouth. Yuck! Remember that?


After he had enough of the water he would head off to the sand dunes. But he wouldn't build sand castles...that's for boring people. My son loved to do barrel rolls in the sand. Now if one is soaking wet, dry sand sticks to you like glue. This was his favorite thing to do. I swear he is part dog...




After a long six hours in the hot Texas sun, we called it a day and headed back to the hotel. I thought or sure that he would be like any other child and fall asleep for the night. But nope. He power napped on the way to the hotel, a whopping 10 minute drive and woke up and was ready to go. That's my little firecracker!


I cant wait to take him again...or maybe this will be the last time. I took a million pictures so there is actual proof that I took him places.

3 comments:

Krystle said...

LOL I love how he rolled around in the sand!

Katy Shamitz said...

i love that pic!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Maegan! How awesome to look back at that picture of him looking out over the ocean as though he is planning his whole life. Maybe he was!

You're right, he reminds me of my beagle after she picks up the scent of a rabbit. Save that one forever! That's how you always want him to feel; without a care in the world!