Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Old School

This past weekend was extremely interesting. I got to run into a group of old friends that I haven't spent time with in years. These were the people I spent my high school career with. The people I partied underage with and ran from the cops with. I spent the beginning of my college years with, on my old red couch. We would all stack up that damn couch in my small living room, because, my old roommate(Natalia) and I were the only people who had an apartment at the time. We were the place to be...and to be quite honest, the coolest place to be.

We did the typical things in those days, drink until we were stupid....go to school, work, smoke things we shouldn't have, shit some of these people are still doing those things. In that order.

Being able to see them and realize that we are all growing up was bittersweet. I love to see that things are going good for certain people. That people I didn't think would ever grow up, are getting a hold on their lives. I realize the leaps and bounds I have taken and where my life is heading and have to say I am very satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, I totally miss the random acts of stupid my friends would throw my way. But thankfully those memories are locked up tight. These would have to be the highlights of those years:

1. Seeing my guy friend run out of a room screaming like a little girl because another guy had just thrown up all over the place.

2.Carrying that same friend who had thrown up all over the place, to the bathroom....He was a 6ft 280 lbs. man...It took 5 people to get him to the bathroom.

3.Toilet papering and forking my friends house....

4.David Hasselhoff's Birthday party extravaganza

5.Diego's mom's hats...

There are so many more, but unless you know the background to them all...that list will get boring. As much as I miss those days, I am glad that my life turned out the way it did. I get way more satisfaction in watching my son grow up and getting through college, than I did with those days...

In a weird moment one of the parties this weekend, we were all standing around a keg talking about school and life and careers. That proved how different life is these days...but I gotta admit I like it.

No comments: