Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mr. Sandman PLEASE bring Jack a dream


Getting Jack to go to sleep at night is sometimes as difficult as tying up a wild hog. I guess....never really had to do the latter. But I imagine it to be very difficult, don't you? He was out in the sun ALL day. This usually physically drains a normal sized human being. I can only imagine how much energy it zaps out of a 16 months old.


Not my son! He has super energy. He was bouncing off the walls as soon as he stepped in my front door. Even though he had been at Sea World all day long. He is even sporting a baby sunburn. I would say it is a 1 on a scale of 1-10. So don't worry!


I figured he would go to sleep no problem tonight after the day he had. But NOPE. It is 10 pm and he is still fighting it. I don't know what it is...


and because he is my son and we live life on the difficult side, he has to still be rocked to sleep. I cannot just lay him down and put a paci in his mouth. Nope. I have to rock him, pat his butt, rub his belly....the temperature has to be just right. Not to hot and not to cold. He has to have a pillow and his paci. It's crazy.


I just hope and pray that I am not doing this still when he is 18 years old....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Mae, I can't believe Jacks still has to be rocked to sleep. That stinks for you!!

Katy Shamitz said...

That is a cut picture, though...
How long has it been really bad, Maegan? Have you checked his ears? Last time Ty has a bad streak he had an ear infection I didn't know about...

Katy Shamitz said...

Oh, and I still rock Ty for a few minutes before I put him in his crib. :)