Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Finally Sinking In


Recent happenings have kicked our baby planning into full gear. We have been reminded everyday that there is indeed a baby on the way, one glance at my full belly and you get it. But I don't know if we were thinking that in a couple weeks the baby will be here. Outside the womb. At our house. A full blown baby..know what I mean?

So we decided to put together her room this weekend. Just in case...

The crib has been sitting in her room, in a heap, staring at us in the face. Anyone truly enjoy putting a crib together?! Ugh. Then hubby cleared the other junk that has been piling up. See, this room has been a bit of a storage space. Turning it into a usable baby room will be fun. And by fun I mean daunting.

I went shopping today and got a crib mattress and some fitted crib sheets. This one in particular:
Just the sheet though..not the whole set.


I also got some items I needed for my hospital bag.

This is getting so real. Hubby and I stood back and looked into the room today. I think I had to hold him up for a bit. It sunk in with him, come to think about it, he's been rather quiet ever since. It's finally sinking in.

No comments: