Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trimming My Bush

It has been awhile. Life has been happening.. kinda crazy. Sorry to my faithful readers..or reader. Andrew and I have been trying to re-vamp this place up a bit. We had the brush pick up guys coming this week so we figured yard work was our main priority. That's Andrew for you..always has to prioritize, aka. he is OCD.

So Friday evening I got the bright idea to trim the obnoxious bush that had been chilling out, uncut for about 8 years in front of our house. It was an ugly thing just filled with all kinds of ugly. It even smelled ugly. It is true. My grandmother, who owns this house and was its former tenant, didn't have the greenest of thumbs... so it literally sat there untouched for 8 years. Just living the life, that bush.

I began trimming it,when all sorts of bugs began to fly out. I could just picture an entire bug community living in that thing.. and I was their Apocalypse. After trimming it for a couple minutes and with Andrew helping me, aka Micromanaging my every move, we decide to pull the dang thing out.

I was confused by this we business because in reality I did it. All by myself.. with the occasional snips from my ADD uncle. He had to get in there and help me out..thanks Louie! I am happy to say that I raked, dug, sawed and cursed that bush out with my own sweat, blood and tears.

We still have a bald spot in our front yard where the bush once was.. and I really don't feel like ever doing yard work again. Damn, this house stuff is no joke. If you have any suggestions for landscaping my place, please leave them in the comments. All help in wanted...

3 comments:

Krystle said...

You do not want to know what I thought this blog was about...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Krystle. You should have picked another title but it does make you read your entry.
Hey the house is looking great, so all your hard work is paying off. I will tell you thought, Andrew told me he pulled out that bush.
Nana

Maegan said...

that was the point ladies!!