Wednesday, February 18, 2009

R.I.P. Elmo Escobar


Got a fish on Sunday. It is now Wednesday. We noticed last night that it was floating on the top of the tank...but he was still gulping in air. I changed his water and fed him. I felt for the little fella. Jackson thinks he was sleeping.


How do you explain death to a 2 year old? Answer: You don't. They are just going night night.


So..if you are dead by the time I get home, RIP little one. You were loved more than you know.
P.S. Does anyone find it odd that I can keep a human being alive and well for two years but cant keep a goldfish alive for three days?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously your not a biology major.....fish don't gulp air. Maybe that's the problem :)
Mom

Krystle said...

Poor little fish!

Maegan said...

Ahhh so note, next fish don't leave in an oxygen tank. Thanks mom! Don't know what I would do with out you...

Anonymous said...

Little fighter is still hangin on....despite the fact that jack likes to feed him atleast 20 times a day :). Keep swimin little elmo! Mom