Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleep Blues

As much as I love sleeping with my little munchkin stuffed between my right armpit and Andrews butt crack.. its getting rather old. FAST.

Jack is 20 months old and STILLLLLL sleeps with us. I know its a comfort thing. BUT COME ON! Warning New Moms: DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD SLEEP WITH YOU. EVER. NO MATTER HOW CUTE IT IS.

We have put up his own "big boy" bed in the corner of our bedroom. To try and ease the transition we got him a stuffed animal. I am not kidding people, his bed is a foot away from me. But he still screams. He is fine if I am standing next to his bed, but as soon as I flop my butt on my bed.. and my mattress squeaks. He screams! Every freaking time.

But here is the latest dilemma with him sleeping with us. Waking up to nice, warm PEE. Yup. You read right.. Pee. His diapers have been leaking, thanks to Andrew wanting to save money on diapers. WARNING NEW MOTHERS: DON'T LET YOUR CHEAP BOYFRIEND BUY DIAPERS.
So therefore, we wake up to pee. This has happened three times in the last two weeks. Andrew is a clean freak so he immediately rips off the sheets, even if I am sleeping soundly, and stuffs them in the wash.

I don't know what else to do. I think we are stuck with it until Jack gets his own room. But that wont be for a couple months. I guess the moral of the story is: Don't let convenience over ride practicality.

1 comment:

Katy Shamitz said...

oh man. that sucks, maegan... especially the pee part... bummer.