Monday, October 20, 2008

New Words


I will admit that I have been questioning Jackson's speech. It's not that he isn't speaking, just not clearly....and not that toddler speech, this was really unclear. Well just as it always works out, his speech has exploded within the past week or so.


I assumed he wasn't speaking because he still uses his pacifier. Which I know everyone in the world is against. This has been an ongoing battle in my family. As if I am letting him suck on Cyanide nuggets. But I stand firm next to the decision to let him suck on his innocent paci until he can comprehend that it needs to go, capesh?!!?!?!?


He can now tell me what he wants in his cup, juice or milk...expcept it sounds like this, " mama, baba? Jew! OR.... Mik!"


He can say all my friends names, Ashley(which he says very well and he even does the cute tongue roll..its funny!) Val, is Bal... Peter is Pe'er...Madie is Ma'ie....and my mom is Mommy. Nice huh? As long as he doesn't yell it out in public we are fine. My mom already looks like my friend, I am pretty sure if he called her Mommy and me Mama we would get some not so nice looks.


But my favorite words he has said has to be, "Ou'side...Mama! Lellow Cock!"

That translates to- "Can I go outside Mom and play with the yellow CHALK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you left me and your Dad out and he has always been able to say Nana and PaPa very clearly. I told you when he is ready the words will flow and I understand him most of the times plus when you say a word or a name he knows exactly what it is or who it is. He is only 2 and says a lot of things. Once he really starts talking very clearly you will wish you had these days back, but we do need to work on him calling your Mom, Mimi. For some reason he just doesn't want to call her that but he will.
I love the yellow chalk !!!!!

TxTrish said...

and he says....
Pixie
Coco (still working on Hercules)
Lola
kitty
dog
truck
hot
bite
ouwie
and I really don't care if he calls me "Mommy" in public. He can call me anything he wants.... except the G word :)